Many parents wonder if it is worth the investment to hire a newborn care specialist to provide night support in the first few weeks to months after their baby is born. Hiring a newborn care specialist to support you and your partner at night has the benefits of faster healing, better bonding, and happier parents.
Our newborn care specialists sometimes referred to as a “Night Nanny,” or a “Baby Doula” can be extremely helpful with the transition of bringing home a new baby. They are there to help support the whole family as they transition during those first early months of adjusting to their newborn.
Newborn care specialists offer exceptional education, training and support for postpartum concerns such as breastfeeding, postpartum healing and newborn care while providing invaluable support during those first precious months after your new baby(ies) arrive to help your newborn(s) adjust to sleeping easier and more quickly throughout the night. This is invaluable to most caring parents and extremely worth the investment.
This is why the newborn care specialists at The Doula House are trained sleep support consultants who work with your newborn gently from the time you bring them home to several months postpartum to help entice wonderful sleep patterns that support the whole family. We use very gentle processes that allow parents and family members much needed postpartum sleep, healing and peace of mind knowing that their newborns are well taken care of.
~We are there to help you keep your sanity and to give your life a semblance of normalcy~
We create a functional daytime and nighttime schedules to help get your baby (ies) on a natural gentle sleep pattern while we educate you and your partner to follow through with these skills once our contract is finished.
*Research on crying infants has shown that babies cry more than most parents expect and that their crying times escalate during the first few months after birth peaking around 2 months and gradually diminishing after that. Our newborn care specialists are trained to support you and your infant through this developmental time to make your life easier and more enjoyable.
What are the benefits of having night support?
- Limited to no sleep deprivation– When a parent is sleep deprived they can become anxious, and more easily flustered or frustrated. For a new mother, this can have a huge impact on her milk supply, her healing rate, and her experience of postpartum baby blues and depression.
- Increases early baby-parent bonding– Boding happens when certain hormones are released into the body; a lack of quality sleep can have an effect on hormones.
- Promotes faster post birth couple bonding– After a baby or babies are born, couples need to reconnect no longer as just two, but as a family. This process can be slowed when stress is high.
- Develops healthy routines and rhythms for your baby– Helping your newborn adjust to life outside the womb can be tricky. With a newborn care specialist, your baby will find a peaceful routine and balance so that you can easily transition to solo care when our contract is finished.
- Easier adaptation to parenting-Taking on the new role of parent, and merging it with your current roles in life can be tricky. Having someone there to help you make that transition smoothly can make all the difference.
- Working parents continue to be more alert and present at work-Most partners must return to work shortly after the baby is born. This requires them to be coherent, focused, and at the top of their game. Sleep deprivation can have an impact on your partners work life, which often trickles into home life. Having the support to get your through the nights, allows you to wake each morning refreshed and ready to conquer the day.
*Newborn Sleep support and postpartum care is billed by the hour with a minimum of 100 hours and added on to any package that you purchase. Most couples choose to use an infant care specialist for 3-6 months from 3-6 nights a week to ensure good habits and sleep patterns right from the start. An early investment in this service is a very valuable start to the beginning of your life as a new family and the life of your newborn. Book Your Postpartum Sleep Support Before you actually need it!!
- Your Very own “Cooch Coach”
- Ten Ways to De-stress as a New Parent